‘Ecostage’: the go-to place for practical guidelines and ecological values for the performing industry.
Formerly Ecostage Pledge first launched in 2015, Ecostage is a grassroots, autonomous online platform to help all arts practitioners towards a more ecologically-centred approach in performance making.
We are currently crowdfunding the revamp of the website for the September 2020 relaunch which is driven by a desire to reduce the environmental impact of stage design and to explore ways in which sustainability can push theatre into exciting, new directions in the ‘new normal’. Ecostage needs to preserve its autonomy as an organization, which is much better achieved through crowdfunding then through grants or sponsorship. As such we are currently crowdfunding
Ecological thinking is crucial in considering how to find a sustained approach to how we live in the context of a changing climate: socially, politically and economically.
Informative, practical and inspiring, Ecostage contains:
● A list of intersecting principles to be downloaded and used as sustainable production guidelines.
● An inter-connective approach that includes the whole ecosystem, humans and the more than human world
● An online pledge with a downloadable logo making your eco-credentials visible when used on documentation.
● Resources, including an expanding library of inspiring case studies celebrating diverse practices from around the world showing ‘ecoscenography in action’.
● A growing online global supportive community of practitioners.
Join our global community and pledge your public commitment to a sustainable future.
Core team members
Paul Burgess, Andrea Carr, Mona Kastell, Ruth Stringer
Michaela Fields, Hannah Myers